- Obligation to Protect (O2P) KEWOPA / AWEPA forum on the abandonment of female genital mutilation (FGM/C) and other harmful cultural practices
- KEWOPA / AWEPA Project on establishment and launch of the women Members of County Assembly Caucuses
- KEWOPA/UNWOMEN Mentorship project on strengthening women’s voices and contributions in Parliament, County Assembly and within political parties
- NDI/KEWOPA Handholding and community outreach forums with KEWOPA Members and their Mentees
Welcome to KEWOPA
The Kenya Women Parliamentary Association (KEWOPA) is a membership association of all women parliamentarians drawn from across all political parties both elected and nominated in the Senate and National Assembly.
Our Vision - Women and men are equitably represented in parliarment and decision making in public and private spheres to promote sustanable development.
Our Mission - To promote the advancement of parliarmentary democracy by enhancing knowledge & understanding of democratic governance and facilitate the networking of women parliarmentarians for the socio-economic and political development of Kenya.
1. Legislative Function
Contributed towards the realization of the family Bills:- Marriage Act 2014 and the Matrimonial Property Act 2013 and Protection Against Domestic Violence Act
2. Representative function
Trained over 300 women members of county assembly and community leaders on the gender responsive budgeting guidelines and political party participation under the National Democratic Institute Programme.
3. Political parties function
Leadership and mentorship training for KEWOPA Members including a peer to peer mentorship program where the more experienced members mentor the first time members of parliament, a mentorship programme for women member of county assembly.
4.Institutional strengthening function
Increased technical staff (Programmes, Finance and Administration) at KEWOPA Secretariat from 5 to 9 to support the increased number of Women Members of Parliament.
- KEWOPA / AWEPA Forum on the abandonment of female genital mutilation (FGM/C) and other harmful cultural practices.
- KEWOPA / AWEPA Meeting on establishment and launch of the women Members of County Assembly Caucuses.
- KEWOPA/UNWOMEN Engagement with Political Party leaders on mainstreaming gender in political party structures and supporting women in politics.
- NDI/KEWOPA Handholding and community outreach forums with KEWOPA Members and their Mentees.